Have you ever thought that maybe the biggest obstacle stopping you from reaching your goals is you?
It’s true: There are other roadblocks besides yourself that could be the blame. After all, there is never enough time in the day, you need more money to do the things you want, and tasty deserts always seem to pop up when you’re trying to practice self-control.
So yes, there are those things.
Sometimes you can do everything in your power to grow (or start) your business, step out your comfort zone, or work on your passion project, but life gets in the way.
Depending on the day, you can be anywhere between pushing forward or taking a few steps back.
So when the negative thoughts come in your head and you feel yourself losing steam, ask yourself where is it coming from; Is it fear? Fatigue? Discomfort? Lack of focus?
It’s human to feel discouraged sometimes. But you have to push the negative thoughts out of the way and keep it moving.
Here’s how you move forward:
- Excuse yourself on the days you just need a “do over.”
- Listen to constructive criticism from those who care for you.
- Plan carefully and adjust when something isn’t working.
- Make small steps towards your business and personal goals each day.
- Have that nervous breakdown if it will make you feel better (then move on!).
- Focus on what (or who) makes your heart smile.
- Trust that you are exactly where you need to be.
You work hard in your career so that you can have a life you love. Building your personal brand is not just about feeling accomplished; it’s about having the freedom to enjoy ALL aspects of your life.
Remember, there are some things in life you just won’t be able to control. But you can control your actions and kick down doors like you’re a member of a SWAT team.
Own your brand. Disown the noise. And for goodness sake, get out of your own way.
Latest posts by Marietta Gentles Crawford (see all)
- 3 Ways to Make LinkedIn Endorsements Validate Your Personal Brand - October 4, 2018
- Do You Hear What I Hear? - September 20, 2018
- Gelato and Standing Out - August 29, 2018